Starting on September 1, 2020, the Southwest Collection reopened to all patrons. For the last month or so, we have been open to the Texas Tech research community, but we are happy to expand our operations to encompass all researchers needing access to our collections in person. However, our Reading Room procedures have slight modifications that we wanted to make everyone aware of:
- All visits must be scheduled in advance. Walk-ins are discouraged due to limited staffing. Please contact Weston Marshall at email@example.com or (806) 742-9070 to schedule your visit.
- We have a small number of reference staff members working at any given time. Please have patience, be as precise with your request as possible, and contact as far in advance as possible to allow time for your materials to be pulled.
- Masks are required and must cover the nose and mouth at all times while in the building.
- Each service desk has a plexiglass partition installed. Please respect our staff’s space and observe social distancing!
- We will be spacing researchers out in our Reading Room to encourage social distancing.
- All surfaces and computers are sanitized daily.
- Please take note of all signs and notices. Our reception area and Coronelli Rotunda remains closed at this time to the public. Once in our building, please enter our reading room area on the east side (see picture) and exit through the west doors.
If you requested research materials or duplications in the last six months but have not heard back from the Southwest Collection, please feel free to contact us again. Our staff have been working diligently to fulfill all requests, and we continue daily to tackle our immense backlog. We are looking forward to having you in our building once again.